Since I have been in Japan last summer, this country has really a place in my heart. Okonomiyaki, a Japanese noodle-pancake, became one of our favourite dishes.
“Okonomi”, meaning "how you like" or "what you like" and
“yaki” stands for "grill".
I N G R E D I E N T ‘ S:
§ 70 g Okonomiyaki flour (prepared with baking soda, salt, etc.)
§ 100 ml water
§ 1 tsp. broth
§ 1 egg
§ 1 spring onion, chopped
§ 80g kale, chopped
§ 4 slices Bacon
§ 1 portion Yakisoba Noodles (egg noodles)
T O P P I N G:
§ 1/2 chopped spring onion
§ Otafuku Okonomiyaki-Sauce
§ Kewpie Japanese Mayonnaise
H O W T O D O I T:
1. Create a batter out of flour, water, broth stock and egg.
2. When the batter is ready: add kale, spring onion, carrot
3. Fry the noodles a in a pan with a little Okonomiyaki-Sauce
4. Add the noodles to the dough and add it all in a newly pan
5. When ready, put it on a plate and a decor it with spring onion and Japanese-Mayonnaise and Okonomiyaki-Sauce.